Thursday, October 13, 2011

Open House

The students and I would like to say a big thank you to the families and friends that were able to come to our Open House on Thursday.  I know it meant a lot to the kiddos for everyone to come in and see all the hard work they've already done this year.  


The students did an excellent job of sharing their goodie bags.  I loved listening as they explained the ingredients in their bottles and read their poems.  I also know how proud they were to show off their book boxes, the classroom library, and the water bulletin board.  Folks were reading Bio Poems on the walls and admiring the circle constructions the students made in math class.  


One of my favorite parts was seeing parents writing notes to their students.  It was very validating and rewarding for the students to have their families spend time writing something personal for them to read.  I hope families enjoyed receiving their thank you notes from the students, as well!










No comments:

Post a Comment