Saturday, September 17, 2011

Seasonal Poems

The students did a great job writing their poems about ordinary things.  Their words create such a beautiful picture in the reader's mind!  Here are a few that go along with the season.  Enjoy!

Tree
I am a tree.
I am cut down for a lot of reasons. 
I help you live.
I have a lot of sisters and brothers. 
Our mother is Red Wood.
I can almost touch the sun.
There is life in me, scampering
through the branches, in every leaf,
every root and every twig.
Even if I am a moldy old tree
don't forget I help your life.
I am an important tree.

By T.M.

Leaf

One little lush green leaf,
Unnoticed, unimportant.
In the Spring, it catches small,
silvery drops of water like a bucket,
In the Summer it soaks up sunlight
Like a sponge.
It desperately clings on to the tree
In the wind and in the rain,
Until Fall, where it flutters to
The ground,

                      And dies.

By N.S.

Dirt

You make plants and trees grow,
what I would do without you, I don't know.
I love you running through my fingers.
You are where the worms all linger.
You are colored gray and brown,
and you are all over town.

By E.W.

Leaves

Leaves, leaves all around
They fall swiftly to the ground.
Leaves come in some of the most
magnificent colors I have ever seen.
Crunch, crunch the leaves are crunchy
fun to play in.
But soon the fun is over because
a blanket of snow has buried the leaves
farewell leaves farewell.

By M.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment